More Kid Activities by Karen Matthews
Posted on: June 15, 2012
Earlier this week I suggested some kid friendly activities that will help your child developmentally. Here are some other ideas:
- See a firehouse. There is a firehouse museum in Greenville, but most communities allow tours of the local fire house.
- Visit a community garden. Delta Health alliance supports community gardens in most of the counties in the Delta. The gardens are listed on www.deltahealthalliance.org or you may call 662-686 7004 for directions. Most children have not seen where food comes from and how it grows. They might even want to get involved in the community garden!
- Visit the Emmett Till Historic Intrepid Center in Glendora.
- Visit the B.B. King Museum in Indianola.
- Most communities have railroad exhibits. Take your child to visit the railroad history exhibit closest to you.